View Single Post
Old Monday, December 06, 2010
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough
Default @aphrodite

Listen lady, I have lost my appetite for indulging in such debates for reasons stated earlier. Well I think you are suspicious of all the religious sects around so I don't take your arguments as something specifically against the Jamaat. I know you have questioned my credibility on this issue by claiming that I have been brainwashed while living in a cocoon (ironic, I wonder how that works) but I will set the record straight for the rest of the people. I spent 2 years in US after that and about 7 years in Pak (during the rule of enlightened moderation) so that might have restored my objectivity. While you might have a superior world view or higher reasoning skills but I think you got some of the basics wrong here.

-Saudis are not financing the Jamaat because they are against it in their own country.

- Financing comes from individuals who take part in their activities and is to be spent on them under their watch.

-They have no political affiliation whatsoever and they don't even mention US,Pak or any other govt or its policies in their speeches. Millions of people gather for their ijtima so if they had any political affiliation it would have been conspicous.

-Links to the terrorist organizations is totally baseless. Talibans blame them for not taking up arms with them and rather concerning themselves with reforming Muslims in everyday lives.

-Attack on Ahmadis or Laal Masjid Incident are irrelevant to the discussion. If you are talking about religious sects in general then it is a whole new discussion.

-If US is financing them, then it should have been constrained just constrained to Pak while the Jamaat is quite active in the West as well.

My point is that you can disagree with their method and debate its efficacy and all but blaming stuff on them without concrete evidence is unfair. I know its in the interest of the west to divide us along sectarian lines and breed hatred towards others. Tableeghis are a harmless lot who do not propagate any hatred towards others or pass out judgement on any other sect to be right or wrong. They only concern themselves with the basics on which most of us agree.

@floydian
I remember having a discussion with you on whether Pak should've been a secular or an Islamic state and have seen many of your other posts too. So my understanding is that its not just this specific jamaat that you see with suspicion but everything concerned with religion.

No offence to anyone and Peace out!
imran bakht (Monday, December 06, 2010), most wanted (Wednesday, December 08, 2010)