View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 09, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zujaja01 View Post
Thanks for consideration.
Definitely luck plays its role ,
and it goes without saying that many in paper beat about the bush ,
but you see the number of failed students in Islamyat is in thousands this year.
I have found many competent aspirants biten by this subject
who did extraordinariliy in other subjects.
Even they scored well in subjects in whics one has to attempt general questions ,
which does establishes their credibility as a competent aspirant.
Even then Why?
that's why i added the 3 condition too ...perhaps FPSC had targeted this area. well to me there is no entity as a "competent aspirant". nobody could explain this term. credibility as a competent aspirant cannot be established by co-relating papers with different backgrounds and different fields. for example if student A scores 90 in Pushto and Student B scores 90 in Statistics, they cannot be equal. they were good in their respective subjects and all.

all those who did not do well in Islamiat should point out their mistakes. i mean every body has a gut feeling as to why they flunked a particular paper. the reasons i believe that i cleared the paper were:

1- Wrote concise and to the point.
2- Highlighted the very few ahadis and ayahs i used. Even if i knew they were correct in their wordings i did mention that i am referring not to an exact hadis but the closest meaning to that hadis.
3- in every question i just focused on a few points. perhaps 3 to 4 at maximum.
4- attempted the best question i knew first and so continued.
5- i was not un-nerved by the MCQs section of Islamiat. i knew only 5 and those are the only correct MCQs in the paper. This was what motivated me more for the subjective portion.
6- i went through the DAWN articles only.
7- Attempted in English and wrote in a good handwriting
8- and obviously there was this luck factor. and yeah i used to recite a dua after every paper on every single sheet of the paper. the dua was supposed to hide my shortcoming to everybody else. i had my faith in that prayer and mashallah that worked out i believe
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
zujaja (Thursday, December 09, 2010)