View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 09, 2010

Raja4u is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax View Post
DAWN, Thursday, 9th December, 2010.
Plea for reforming SPSC

THE Sindh Public Service Commission through its notification issued on Dec 7 extended the date for applying to the posts of lecturer in various subjects to Jan 8 next.

These vacancies were previously advertised by the SPSC on Feb 19.

The previous last date for applying was March 31, which was later revised to April 30.

The latest extension in the date comes after eight mxonths and most shockingly at a time when the word was spread among applicants that the written test for these vacancies would be conducted in December.

It is the height of ignorance on the part of the SPSC that it has cloaked the fudged extension date under the cover of recent floods. One must remind the SPSC that floods surfaced nearly three months after the revised last date had ended, i.e. on July 28 onwards. Whereas the revised last date had passed on April 30.

All those aspirants for the said posts who were eligible must have applied for these jobs on the stipulated dates much before the floods ravaged the country.

One wonders what the SPSC is up to in this recent move. The applicants and others concerned over the prevalent disregard for transparent conduct see this move as politically motivated and aimed at depriving meritorious applicants of their jobs.

It is such a hapless situation that I do not find a man of authority whom I may plead through this letter to reform the SPSC to bring it to the standards of the public service commissions functioning in other provinces of the country.

The SPSC needs urgent reforms which will not come unless the government of Sindh acts more seriously to address the predicament of young people of the province.

ALTAF SHEIKH
Islamabad
Thank God, someone from Sindh has raised the voice against the unethical and slow performance of SPSC.
Nice job Redmax..................: clap
The Following User Says Thank You to Raja4u For This Useful Post:
redmax (Friday, January 14, 2011)