View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mossavir Wazir will become famous soon enough

Dear Usman !!

You can't say that he just mentioned the negative points of this group so brother tolerate criticism also.

I think there is one hell of a difference between Criticism and Criticism just for the sake of criticism. You criticized me as well, you questioned me as well and many others. Was that a problem for me? No. Obviously i want people to raise issues, ask queries because at the end of the day it is for the betterment. But without any proves, fact and figures, references etc etc....it's something else but most definitely not criticism.

Correct youself brother it has facilities but promotion only upto grade 20 isn't it? Recognition is there but significant roleplay in the welfare of society is restricted only to the cantonments, correct me if I am wrong.

I wrote the word 'promotion' because there is a misconception that in this department promotion is very slow. I agree it's not as fast as in FSP and DMG but it's not too slow either that one should get concerned.

Secondly yes it is currently up to 20th grade. Till 2000(before Musharraf) DG-MLCG(BPS-21) was a mlcg-csp officer. It was musharraf who changed the format and posted his army men from time to time to perform as dg-mlcg. The thing is civil bureaucracy as a whole has suffered a lot in musharraf times. In his times out of 120 Pakistan Ambassadors abroad, 80 were army generals(Reference: Ikram Rabbani Book, Pakistan Affairs, Chapter Foreign Policy). Just imagine what FSP officers would have gone through in those days. Even DG CSA was a army man when my brother was in CSA back in 2006. Anyway establishment division has forwarded the case. Soon in near future things will be reinstated. Meaning there by DG will be a mlcg-csp officer.

Thirdly you mentioned role play and society. Cantonment is not a name of a room, it's a huge area right in the heart of the city. For example Clifton karachi cantonment includes whole of clifton. Now choose by yourself...do you want to be in charge of larger area with less authority or with great authority in a relatively small area. and to be honest clifton is NOT a small place by any means considering you'll be performing all of the duties which i mentioned earlier.

For example:

CEO Clifton: Great authority and relatively small area but important area.
MEO Abbottabad: Less Authority and but he is in charge of whole hazara division. There is only one MEO(mlcg officer) in the whole division.

It is because of this reason, ask any MLCG officer. He'll choose ceo over meo any day. I hope this example would clear your doubts regarding small and large area. Role play in the welfare of the society has got nothing to do with tehsil, cantonment, division, district. In each and every level if you want you can play significant role in the welfare of the society if your authority allows you to do so.

Going by above example If you think performing duties like property Tax Assessment, house Tax Collection, water tax, water/sawerage/schools/roads/hospitals management and maintenance, mutation on leased Land/Private property sale, new project allotment and many more duties in a area like clifton are performed by a person/officer and he is not playing significant role in welfare of the society then what else do you want? Same duties performed by an officer in the whole sub continent? will that be enough?