View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 26, 2010

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
After reading the above post there should be no doubt in any neutral person's mind that Jinnah considered religion as a personal matter and wanted to remain secular in politics.

cheers,
floydian

yes agreed that the thinking of our QUAID is quite evident from this post but then another question comes into my mind.....according to two nation theory islam would be the religion of PAKISTAN(at least it implies if dont points out directly)...another question is regarding the atmosphere at the time of partition e.g there r slogans like PAKISTAN ka matlub kia LA ILLA HA ILL LALLAH nd muslim league winning all the elections from muslim concentrated areas nd frankly speaking all other religions especially hindus in these muslim areas at that time wud nt hve wanted that subcontinent shud be divided..so in the light of this hw can we say that PAKISTAN should nt be an islamic state rather religion shud be treated as a personal subject....although QUAID wants it to be a personal subject...its is seeming a bit complicated to me..nd yes i hve heard that initially PAKISTAN was nt called islaimic republic of PAKISTAN rather it was republic of PAKISTAN...can anyone confirm