View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 28, 2010

misskhan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasser28 View Post
Attention Sweet Fellows!

We the aspirants of CSS cannot but too much depend upon a standard news paper;and it is rightly so. But we need to know how we can improve our reading and make it a rewarding experience maximally.I would here refresh certain points in your intellect houses, i.e., minds.

Let me be brief:

1) Read Dawn critically not passively

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Emphasis should be on Opinion and Editorial pages.I think we should be guard on to save our time. For this my suggestion should be that we should not read front pages or intenational pages just for news.We can save time by watching some good tv channel,e.g., BBC for international news and Aaj tv and Geo, etc., for domestic news. They are often enough for news.[/COLOR]

2) Read Dawn's Letters to the Editor

There are often very great debates going on there.You occasionally get many points to take notes for yourself from a small piece of writing.Do remember many people do not read these letters and hence waste very invaluable stuff.

3) Dawn's "Encounter" page on every Saturday and "Economic and Business Review" section on Monday.

In these pages there are pearls of analysis and knowledge.You can ignore them only at a very high cost.

4)We are often ill-advised to ignore The News.

The News on Sunday has a section "Political Economy",only a non-serious CSS aspirant would won't read it and not take notes from it.

5) And not the least rather it is all-embracing: search for some academic writing on important issues for Pak. and Current Affairs.

You can contact to any of your acquaintances(of M.phil or Ph.D) to get knowledge about how you can get them.I am quite confident that if you read one good research paper on any given topic,it can prepare you to deal with that theme from varied dimnesions. I will dwell on the point (5) later if anybody needs my guidance.

And finally criticism on my suggestions is more than welcome.

Bye with wishing you the best of luck.
thnx 4 such valuable suggestions..

but m stuck,
i m not unnderstanding anything m very upset ,
plz help me out,

i'll b very thankful to u.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 05:53 PM.