View Single Post
Old Friday, December 31, 2010
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mahmood has a spectacular aura aboutmahmood has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking View Post
Which world do you live in, Mr. Khattak?

In Europe & North America, event in multi-nationals, people wear jeans, including female.... I am working in a multinational at Paris, and our CEO (who is a female) wear jeans, let alone, the subordinate staff. Yes, on certain special occasions, like during a meeting with a foreign delegation etc, ppl wear dress paint & shirt with a tie.

A point to be noted, that bus drivers in Europe are required to wear complete suit, with tie
if you look at my education, you would know that i have lived and studied in the united states. and i had been in contact with many people.I used to knkow a guy who was a SVP of a big investment firm. he wore jeans at his house and wore suit to his work.
the work environment of where you work also matters too. multinational does not mean that it has to be professional in dressing too. the tech firms that the early 2000 boom brought with itself were never concerned about their attire. they did not need it. they had their meetings online. what did you expect?
how many times have you seen a civil servant in a jeans when in official capacity? the woman asking the question is going to be joining the civil service of this country, not a multinational.

while some people would wear jeans to their work, its still a casual attire. speaking strictly, that is not a business attire. try wearing that to an interview or something like that. your chances of being hired by that firm is zero to none.

p.s: I ran a google images search of "businesswoman". none of those women is wearing jeans.

p.p.s: "Which world do you live in, Mr. Khattak?" is really not a way of starting a civil conversation.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mahmood For This Useful Post:
Ali Randhava (Friday, December 31, 2010), Eager (Saturday, January 01, 2011), H. R. Akhunzada (Sunday, June 05, 2011), Hamza Salick (Saturday, July 16, 2011), Kamran (Friday, December 31, 2010), kjay (Tuesday, September 27, 2011), Seemab (Monday, February 17, 2014), Shooting Star (Wednesday, January 05, 2011), tknw01 (Friday, December 31, 2010), usmanahmad (Wednesday, February 16, 2011), wasfagillani (Wednesday, September 28, 2011)