View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 06, 2011
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose_pak View Post
thnaks dear.

there is typical vocabulary for islamic studies like Zakat, Qayas (Analogy), Ijtehad etc.

some of these terms may have substitute in english however being a pakistani student, socialized with these words, can we use these words as following.

"Qiyas is a distinguaishable feature in islamic constitution making which has its roots in Ijtehad"

in this statement I used Qiyas (Analogy) and Ijtihad. both of them can have substitute in english but if I come across some terms, for which I donot know english, can I use the terms I used in above sentence?

secondly, can I quote muslim scholars, like Modoodi, Allama Iqbal and Shah Wali Ullah etc (whose main work is in urdu), in urdu?

Thirdly, Can I define the topic in urdu? Exact definition only?
well brother ...first thing, Zakat, Qiyas, Som, Salat can be used in the paper. Secondly in my own paper, i always used words like Ummah, Amal, Emaan etc because they have proper definitions in Islamic thought and teachings. *Remember never to replace Allah with God* Thirdly if you are attempting the Islamiat paper there is a question in English and then the same question is repeated in Urdu. So if you are opting in English and you do not know what Analogy is, you should take help from the Urdu Question to understand what you are supposed to write about.

No you cannot write their materials in urdu unless you are attempting the paper in urdu. likewise if you are attempting the paper in urdu, then you can't quote english authors.

You can define the topic only in the medium which you want to use to solve the paper. If you choose Urdu, you have to solve all the questions, and the materials inside those questions in Urdu. If you solved the first question in English then you need to solve all the questions in English. One should develop enough grip to enable himself/herself to express his/her thoughts in English (if he chooses English).

One more thing. when you are in the paper and you choose to answer the paper in Urdu. you would still write the paper as if you are writing english. I.e Start from the first page and then 2nd and then onwards (left to right in other words). dont expect to see an Urdu paper arrangement where you will have the first page on the right hand side, then the second page to its left. I hope you got that...!!