View Single Post
Old Friday, January 07, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
well brother ...first thing, Zakat, Qiyas, Som, Salat can be used in the paper. Secondly in my own paper, i always used words like Ummah, Amal, Emaan etc because they have proper definitions in Islamic thought and teachings. *Remember never to replace Allah with God* Thirdly if you are attempting the Islamiat paper there is a question in English and then the same question is repeated in Urdu. So if you are opting in English and you do not know what Analogy is, you should take help from the Urdu Question to understand what you are supposed to write about.

No you cannot write their materials in urdu unless you are attempting the paper in urdu. likewise if you are attempting the paper in urdu, then you can't quote english authors.

You can define the topic only in the medium which you want to use to solve the paper. If you choose Urdu, you have to solve all the questions, and the materials inside those questions in Urdu. If you solved the first question in English then you need to solve all the questions in English. One should develop enough grip to enable himself/herself to express his/her thoughts in English (if he chooses English).

One more thing. when you are in the paper and you choose to answer the paper in Urdu. you would still write the paper as if you are writing english. I.e Start from the first page and then 2nd and then onwards (left to right in other words). dont expect to see an Urdu paper arrangement where you will have the first page on the right hand side, then the second page to its left. I hope you got that...!!
thanks for kind help.

infact the problem I am facing, is only my expression in urdu. My writing speed is not bad, I think more or like same as english but I have tried a question and tried to write the answer in english, i could not write even introduction; when i write a sentence or two I got stuck what to write ahead. Whereas in english, I can introduce the topic better: a point goes for english

on the other hand, I could have difficulty in translating the terms in english: a point against english

and for definitions, ayat translations I was told by a teacher that we can quote in urdu as the english translation of ayat are much more difficult rather like germa .

So to solve both of the problems I was thinking to attempt paper in english and define and quote ayats in urdu. But now what to do.............will have to see.........but I Cant express in urdu, don't know why. I cant find the proper words while attempting in urdu