View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 08, 2011

maryammalik will become famous soon enough

The main reason behind this dispersion is mentioned in your very first post, the division of educational sector in three mediums- english, urdu and madrassah. I can't think of any developed countries which have such discrepancy in their educational system. And the pinch of salt is the prevalent culture of ratification that results in producing nothing but parrots and donkey - simile for repetition if words and following commands. The most important prospect of education - opening up of mind, reasoning, questioning- is alien to the culture thus the dilemma.

Another major reason is the lack of tolerance prevalent in the society. We only believe in the freedom of expression as long as it suffice our prospect as soon as it crosses that line *bump*. Its one of the after effects of strong censorship that is maintained by the ruler especially Zia. There is a saying of a religious scholar most probably Iman Shafi (need to confirm the name of scholar)that goes something like this ' I believe my stance to be correct with the probability of its getting wrong whilst similarly I take the stance of my opponent wrong with the possibility that it could be right'. Thus, we should have the courage of bearing the respective point of view because its one of the foundation of a society.

My solution to this conflict lies in the improvement of educational system that would provide knowledge along with degrees and the more and more interaction of both sides because it would led ideas to flow, this new technology of internet will play a very big role in it because it could provide a platform of such interaction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryammalik For This Useful Post:
SAMEYA AROOJ (Monday, January 14, 2013), Sociologist PU (Saturday, January 08, 2011)