View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 08, 2011

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

In my very personal opinion, every one is extremist for something that could be Religion, Property, Family, Honour, Status, motherland or social values.

So this word should not be taken as a curse as it s a divine mentality one cannot falsify.

Progressive societies dont work for negation or elimination of extremism but they do really try to change the direction of extremism towards positivity.

West was believed the most extremist in vague religious values a few centuries back.

They tried to change the direction of this extremism towards humanitarian values that helped them to emerge as father of Modern Civilization.

Even you cannot achieve 100 % results and I surely admit that there are certain elements in western society which are still on very same old agenda but they have developed a larger modified public.

Let me put an example for you:

In Levenshulme (A town of Manchester), Manchester City Council decided to convert a 200 years old Church to the adjacent Mosque when they observed that Muslims dont have enough space in existing mosque on Friday Prayer.

The Council allocated a home for Christians as Church that could easily accomodate the public on Sunday Prayers.

The people of few centuries back could never imagin this act and that is the most important element of my view-point.

Here are some basic questions:

1) How did English people learn to tolerate to that extent?

2) Are we interested to do so in our society?

3) Do we require a directional change in existing extremism towards some positivity?

I will be back soon to add some more questions.

Regards