View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 22, 2011

khuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the rough

Simply MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS) based on SQL

MySQL is a database system used on the web. Basically, a MySQL database allows you to create a relational database structure on a web-server somewhere in order to store data or automate procedures. If you think of it in comparison to Microsoft Access, MySQL is what holds all of your tables, PHP acts as your queries (among other things), and your forms are basically web pages with fields in them. With all of this combined, you can create truly spectacular projects on the web.

MySQL is also open source in that it’s free and falls under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Chances are, if you are getting your own web-page or already have one – your host supports MySQL and PHP. They are generally associated with (though not limited to) Unix/Linux based servers. If by chance you are considering getting your own page and want MySQL and PHP support, check out Dreamhost – I’ve been using them for years and they absolutely can’t be beat.

Interacting with a MySQL database is a little weird as you don’t have the tried and true WYSIWYG interface that something as easy as Microsoft Access affords. When creating tables, you’ll either have to create them by using SQL Statements, or by using another open-source tool available online called PHPMyAdmin. PHPMyAdmin gives you an easy-to-use interface that allows you to create tables and run queries by filling in a little bit of information and then having the tables created for you. This is good if you’re either lazy, or don’t feel like bothering with big and complicated SQL Statements.

While oracle is an orgnization that is working on different database programes. however it also launched their database models (languages) called oracle 9i and others that based (programmed) on inside structured qurey language SQL

hope you got the answer
multithinker (Saturday, October 20, 2012), sweetPakistan (Monday, January 24, 2011)