View Single Post
Old Monday, January 31, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Roll number 6338

JazibRoomi has a spectacular aura aboutJazibRoomi has a spectacular aura about

I just went through the link posted by Jahanzeb. Zakir Naik on theory of evolution. All he said meant to create a confusion about Darwin's theory's validity. He argued:

1- Darwin theory is a theory not a fact. So we cannot rely on a theory.

This made me wonder how a medical doctor can have such a rudimentary approach towards science. He meant to say that we should not pay an ear to anything which is entitled as theory; be it theory of evolution or atomic theory or quantum theory or theory of relativity or Pythagoras theorem or two nation theory. How childish answer.

2- Zakir Naik said that there are missing links in the ladder of evolution of human beings.

Well. Why there are missing links? Only because there are some known links as well. One may recall when Mendeleev designed first periodic table, he left many vacant spaces for element which were not discovered then. But over the years scientists discovered these missing links. How we can expect that Darwin should have come up with his theory only after an absolute perfection. How non scientific approach.

3- He also said that theory of evolution is not generally accepted and there are many scientists who oppose this theory.

Now this is a white lie from our scholar. Because Darwin's theory of Organic Evolution is widely accepted. We study his theory in our course. Our taxonomic classification of organism is based on this theory. This theory is perfectly in accordance with Mendel's Laws of Inheritance and modern genetics and biotechnology although it was put forward 30 years before Mendel published his laws. Darwin's terms like "survival of the fittest", "natural selection" and "struggle for survival" have entered in our daily language. And if one has to compile a book of 20 most influential persons of human history, he has to include Darwin in his list. This theory did face strong opposition but not from scientist community but from religious community.

So what this video of Zakir Naik provides on evolution is nothing but rubbish. In fact in my opinion Zakir Naik is not at all an Islamic scholar. He is a conversationist and a Munazira Baz and if one wonders why people quote him then I tell you that its only because he impresses his listener by pretending that he has a sharp memory. Remember Pretending. His explanations are often flawed and even stupid. I can quote a number of examples in this regard.

What Quran says about evolution, at some other time. But do not ever quote Zakir Naik in your Islamiat paper.
Ahmed_2007_Cool (Sunday, April 24, 2011)