View Single Post
Old Friday, February 04, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8106

ThePhoenix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairaBano View Post
Well i was just planning to join that academy but now reading all this

i have heard that their Current Affair notes are always very valuable. What you guys sat about that? Is here ny other source for current affair notes?
I have personally seen the Current Affairs notes of OA. They have two versions of their notes.
- The older 'Golden Notes' which have outdated current affairs notes. Available for 500.
- The newer 'Golden Notes' which are actually the other current affairs notes plus some 30 odd pages of new material. Available for 2000.

If you want to waste 2000 rupees on CA notes then be my guest. Otherwise, Jahangir Book Depot's World Times (Annual Edition) will work wonders for your CSS preparation.

I could've bought the so called 'Golden Notes' but i passed the offer. For me, Jahangir Times' World Edition is enough. It is updated with the latest of whatever is happening in the world with special emphasis on Pakistan's relations with other countries. Suppose you don't read the newspaper and are totally clueless about CA, then imagine you getting a year's worth of current affairs knowledge from one book. Yup the World Times (Annual Edition) makes it possible.

Apart from that, it has sections which help you with journalism, public ad, english and numerous other subjects. All of this in one book. What else could you want?

It usually retails for around 800 rupees in bookstore but if you can get to Urdu Bazaar, you'll get it for around 650.

Hope this helps. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Peac3!