View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 06, 2011

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
MQM does not believes in tyranny and oppression. If anything it stands for freedom of expression, and upholding fundamental rights of all citizens. MQM is the only ray of light and the only silver lining in this era of darkness.

Your claim of forceful attendance is one-sided and uncalled for. Please provide any proof (if you have in the first place) to substantiate your allegation.
mani1, you can't be serious, surely.

Do you mean to say that MQM workers do not forcefully collect extortion money (bhatta) from businessmen and those who refuse to pay are either killed or have their shops burnt down? Every kid in every street in Karachi knows this to be true.

As for forceful attendance, my driver was stopped outside his home and a slip (parchi) was given to him for his attendance and that of his entire family. He was told to wear a turban so that he could be identified as a Punjabi. My friends who live in MQM areas all had those some attendance slips delivered to their homes by the local unit and sector workers. This happens during all of Altaf's rallies. Ask any Karachite who happens to live in MQM-dominated areas.

I have seen with my own eyes the activities of APMSO on my university campus. They act like thugs and gangsters. They have beaten up security guards in front of my very eyes. Last year, they threw a grenade in a bus carrying Jamat-e-Islami workers. The same year, they tortured to death two activists of the Jamaat in Karachi University. The video of this crime is freely available on Youtube.

There are good people in the MQM senior leadership. But the party runs on the activities of its sectors and units and they're nothing more than common criminals.

26 target killers shook Karachi