View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 08, 2006

jsmawais is on a distinguished road
Post Interesting topic...

I will look into the details of this issue... I also want to know the exact things.

To my knowledge, Maulana Maududi had not criticized the idea of Pakistan, since, he wrote books to convey Iqbal's message. One of his books (forgot its name) was a commentary on Iqbal's 1930 address and it was published & spread by Muslim League members, in huge amounts. In one of his letters, he also clarified that he was only against the Muslim League's ideology of nationalism and not the concept of an independent state.

Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (RA) was a member of JUI and was the first person to wave Pakistani flag in Karachi. He was also a member of the National Assembly and prepared the draft of the Objective Resolution. The Objective Resolution was then passed by Liaquat Ali Khan (RA) in 1948. Its apparent that he could not be against the concept of an independent state.

It was actually Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who refuted the concept of an independent state and remained in India.

Today, some shyless Pakistani citizens criticize Quaid-e-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah (RA) for founding Pakistan. Such people should think that without his endless efforts, we would not be able to breath freely in an independent state!!!

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN!

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.