View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 13, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Noman has a spectacular aura aboutNoman has a spectacular aura about
Default my view

For fresh candidates 28 years limit is justifiable in some sense. however,
The government allows 2 years age relaxation for candidates serving in govt dept/s. But i wonder why they dont allow the same age relaxation for autonomous public sector professional organization/regulatory authorities etc.
e.g. a Lecturer working in some govt college is allowed 2 years age relaxation but a professor/lecturer serving in some govt University is not (This is not fair).
I mean if some Assistant Professor(say: a PhD in international relations) is working on TTS(Tenure Track Scale) in some well repute public sector university(say PU, QAU, BZU,NDU etc.) and wants to join pakistan foreign services group then such persons should be allowed some relaxation(at least as it is allowed for govt education dept employee i.e. 2 years relaxation).

Or suppose some foreign qualified PhD in Economics (say a graduate/PhD from London School of Economics or Harvard) having experience in multinational well repute organizations (Say world bank, UN etc.) and wish to serve his/her country by joining civil service say: Commerce & Trade group.... then there should be some mechanism to accomodate such cases at least.

So, what I'm trying to say that for Fresh Candidates 28 years limit is justifiable. But for experienced candidates having higher qualification (MS/PhD); and having experience in public sector organizations/Regulatory authorities should be allowed some relaxation. At least they should be allowed the same 2 years relaxation provision which is allowed for persons serving in govt departments.

One should think about what is the difference between a school/college teacher/lecturer serving in Ministry of Education and a Lecturer in some public sector university say UET Lahore etc. Why the former is allowed the age relaxation and the later is denied.

regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Noman For This Useful Post:
fahadfa (Friday, March 18, 2011)