View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 26, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Truth is a rare commodity despite the freedom enjoyed by the print and electronic media..

Please koi mujhe Yaqeen dilaye k meray pass honay k chances hain becz I wrote only 7 pages

Introduction

Mightiest of the mighty means,
On which the arm of progress leans,
man's noblest mission to advance,
His woes assuage,his heal enhance,
His rights enforce,his wrongs redress,
Mightiest of the mighty is press.
(Sir John Bowring)

-Power of media
-struggle to achieve freedom
-relationship between freedom of speech and truth
-Keats's line

"Beauty is truth,truth beauty,that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know"

Print Media
-pre partition news papers' hadn't freedom but truth
-Example of Zamindar newspaper
-Now a days biased columns
-Half truth itself is a lie

Electronic Media

-Convey news without confirming
-produce thrill and sensation
-an influencing power but misuses
-Quote by Conrad

"Power corrupts man and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Reasons behind untruthfulness

-Political pressure
-materialism(no noble cause)
"materialism is the death of spirituality"
-Islam is not followed whose main emphasis is upon truth

Remedies

-teaching of Islam through instituition of Family
-Holy Prophet sticked to truth in spite of sufferings
-Socrates Example

aakhir mein Ghalib ka shair ager ap logon ko aitraz na ho tou...bcz I wrote it in the end

Saadiq hun apnay qaul pe Ghalib khuda gawah,
kehta hun sach k jhoot ki aadat nahi mujhe..!

(I'm sticked to my saying,God is witness,I speak truth as I'm not used to tell a lie)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Almasha (Friday, December 09, 2011), Amreen (Saturday, October 06, 2012), dms664 (Thursday, December 08, 2011), Maroof Hussain Chishty (Saturday, February 26, 2011), mhmmdkashif (Monday, March 07, 2011), Mukarrum (Thursday, December 29, 2011), RAKSHAN (Monday, January 02, 2012), Rosa (Friday, December 23, 2011), Seemab (Wednesday, December 21, 2011), silza (Sunday, May 20, 2012), suzaq2005 (Monday, December 26, 2011), virgoan (Friday, March 18, 2011)