View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 27, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58

soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about

my essay was on disaster management....

what is disaster?
what is disaster management?
definition of disaster from U.N

then i gave the importance of disaster management for a country like pakistan

cyclone bhola hit east pakistan nov 1970 .. east pakistanis not helped...and in a year a new state was formed

earthquake 2005 ....jammat ud dawa ( banned outfit) was running its mobile ambulances ...no govt machinery ...and now it has a huge following in northern areas..

then i wrote about hirschman book EXIT,VOICE and SOCIETY ...he tells what do people do when they r unhappy with the state i wrote that they will definitely be duped by terrorists to vent their anger...

then i described the disaster management cycle : pre ,during and post disaster...

then i described about goverment's preparedness in the light of reports published by various organizations.....like world disaster management forum..national geographic...european commission on medium range weather forecasting....

then i described suggestions:
overhauling of ERC,FFC,PMD
started from : mapping the course of river( also mentioned wilful breached and its investigation. because without it the course of river cannot be mapped)

then i described flood zoning policy ( like the one in earthquake zones)
then i wrote "crisis is too important an opportunity to be wasted" i described how this zoning policy can be used to implement the elusive land reforms and curtailing the power of feudal lords...

other i dont remember

seniors please comment
The Following User Says Thank You to soloflyer For This Useful Post:
roijen (Thursday, December 29, 2011)