View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 27, 2011
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
Farahn Don't worry yar I know u r gonna Pass Inshallah

And u know what i did in the essay paper
It was the biggest blinder of my life . I even don't know k pehla paper essay ka hay ( btw hota bi tou koi farq nai ta, as i didn't prepare a single essay) .
Some1 called called for wishing me good luck and asked about my prepration and I was so dumb that i said "han bs composition ki thek hay r essay ki outlines the jo data hay us ko break main dekh loon gi " and then a bomb exploded when i got to know k pehla paper essay ka hay . Anyhow , i didn't tell aany1 at home coz i was afraid that if i told my mother about it she will worried and i didn't want to a sad face of my mother before going to examination hall. Plus i didn't sleep for whole night as, i shifted from AHA to Iqbal Town , as examination center is quiet near to my Mamoo's home . So, i was tires, sleepless and tense and when i entered in the examination hall.

Anyhow when i saw the first topic i said Allah Mian I LOVE U

1- INTRODUCTION

2- RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEDIA

a- objectivity
b- fair play
c-educate the masses
d- unbiased
e- credibility

3- Role of media

a- nonobjective/ Subjective Reporting
b- Sensationalism
c- propaganda
d- unethical reporting
e- Rating games

4- EFFECTS ON SOCIETY

a- Moral degration
b- Psychological Effects
c- Social Effects

5- MEASURES TO CURB THE PROBLEM

a- Proper Check and balance system through legislation
b- journalists should not lose their credibility
c- corporate media should be discouraged
d- Governments must not compel media to propagate their agendas
e- Media organizations must have their own regulatory authority

6- CONCLUSION

In into i write about the freedom of media , like how it is a symbol of liberty, democracy and etc. I referred to Article 19 of UN HUMAN DECLARATION, which is about freedom of expression . plus article 19 of
Pakistani Constitution .

in responsibilities, i emphasis that how media should report objectively and tell the truth etc

in role , i criticized media for being subjective and quoted Walter Lippmann, how masses are " bewildered herd " for him and all his efforts to hide the truth form masses.
I gave example of Woodrow Wilson that how he used propaganda in WW1.
Quoted Roger Cohen in Credibility
In rating games , i gave example of Mehr Bhukari's show , which was fakely done during the flood disaster just to get the high rates etc
and i concluded that it is right that media is facing is being hindered to tell the whole truth but it's responsibility is to tell the truth and blah blah

It was totally an unprepared essay and i really don't know k kaisa howa hay

First of all. It's an awesome attempt. one of the best attempts i must say. but since nothing is perfect, there is one flaw that i can identify (i am no expert, but as a thumb of rule i always stress on it). the title was:

"Truth is a rare commodity despite the freedom by the print and electronic media"

The pillars are truth and freedom. Mashallah you have described everything in a flow. touched every important aspect of the topic. however where was teh freedom aspect????? i dont know if you included it in your introduction. you should have. i see it in the conclusion part, which otherwise should have been right at the top. you could have started with discussing the independence of media and then coming to the truth aspect. Thumbs up. you will do great inshallah (my gut feeling)~ work on other papers. it's the first power play. many more to go and they are equally important
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Call for Change (Sunday, February 27, 2011)