View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Yasir Khan Durrani is on a distinguished road
Default Book Recomendations

Dear Senior members.

Assalam o Aleikum

I searched the whole SPSC threads and did not find a single thread dedicated to exam preparatory material or books. In contrast, I saw detailed description and prescriptions of books for CSS. Is this due to the fact that the same books are also applicapble for CCE? If yes, then I will just buy those. But if there are different book reccomendations for CCE ( which i think must be the case keeping in light the slightly easier exam patterns) then Seniors and especially those esteemed members who have cleared CCE are earnestly requested to give some book titles for the successful study for the CCE.

Secondly, any other recomendations for study material will obviously be appreciated aswell.

Lastly, I am thinking of attempting the Optional Paprers. I am confused as to which will be suitable for me. i am also writing down the reasons as to why I think these subjects will be good for me. Please comment on the suitability of these and if the course of these subjects combined together will be relatively easy or tedious to memorize and prepare.

1. Islamiat : I have interest in Islam and informally know more than an average person does.

2. Islamic History I : Same reason as above, I am also an avid fan of history and keep studying articles/books on the subject on and off.

3. IR : I have appeared in MA IR papers from KU, awaiting results, so needless to say, I am quite well worsed in the subject. Besides, i keep an open eye towards International Politics as it is my hobby.

4. Public Administration : I am half way through my MBA in Human Resource and feel that this subject is quite similar in content.

5. Indian History II : Again, interested in history and especially Tipu Sultan, Siraj Ud Dollah. have done quite an extensive personal research on these two heros. Along with Ahmed Shah Durrani (who is my great grand ancestor )

6. Political Science : I have been meaning to study this subject and is of great interest for me. I feeli will be able to study a new subject and keep my preparations from getting monotonous.

Sorry for the lenghty post and thanks in advance. Hope i will get good recommendations. especially about Books of Compulsary and Optional Subjects.

Wassalaam.

YKD
(future DDO-R hopefully, InshaAllah)