View Single Post
Old Friday, March 04, 2011
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulammujtaba86 View Post
dear it is alkali ?

Alkali metal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

check your answer you talking about alkaline

Alkaline earth metal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i hope it will be clear now
Regards
ghulam bhai you have misunderstood the question: It was not about Alkali metals. It was about an Alkali.

I will quote the same sources to you, kindly go through them.

Alkali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lemme write the initial definition:

In chemistry, an alkali ( /ˈælkəlaɪ/; from Arabic: Al-Qaly القلي, القالي ) is a basic, ionic salt of an alkali metal or alkaline earth metal element. Some authors also define an alkali as a base that dissolves in water. A solution of a soluble base has a pH greater than 7. The adjective alkaline is commonly used in English as a synonym for base, especially for soluble bases. This broad use of the term is likely to have come about because alkalis were the first bases known to obey the Arrhenius definition of a base and are still among the more common bases.

another source please:

Chemical metallurgy: principles and ... - Google Books

and i quote: "very few alkalis are known the most common being sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) .....calcium hydroxide (slaked lime).
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
ghulammujtaba86 (Friday, March 04, 2011)