View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 13, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of
Default Let's Solve English Past Papers

Q2
.a)Snake in the grass___A shady, conniving person who could strike at anytime without warning.

Though he is my friend yet he has deceived me many times.In fact he is snake in the grass.

b)Look forward to___To think of (a future event) with pleasurable, eager anticipation

I am looking forward to marriage ceremony of my friend.

c)cut a sorry figure___Make a Poor Impression.
Example - Like a person is unwilling to meet someone as they Reject him/her.

I dont want to cut a sorry figure again by calling you and getting a negative response.

d)ab initio(it is not inito)___It is a Latin term meaning "from the beginning" and is derived from the Latin ab ("from") + initio, ablative singular of initium ("beginning").

He is a student of Arabic ab initio.

e)come down hard on____scold or punish severely

I wish you hadn't come down so hard on him, he already has enough
problems.

f)bring to book____to punish someone (usually passive)

A crime has been committed and whoever is responsible must be brought to book.

g)Yellow journalism___Yellow journalism, in short, is biased opinion masquerading as objective fact. Moreover, the practice of yellow journalism involved sensationalism, distorted stories, and misleading images for the sole purpose of boosting newspaper sales and exciting public opinion.

The Voice newspaper is involved in yellow journalism and it is defaming its name.

h)an art buff__Kindly some one tell its meaning as I couldn't find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Invincible (Friday, February 24, 2012)