View Single Post
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
39th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 92

j87ibz is on a distinguished road
Default A page from my Dairy

District Management group is one of the most elite cadre of Civil Service of Pakistan, authorizing the servants to exercise their power like a monarch in their respect sphere of influence. They are the genuine policy-framers, policy-approvers and policy implementers of all most all of the institutions in their jurisdiction like Police, Education, Municipality, Development Programs and many others. Therefore the progress of a district or division is usually attributed to the knack and intelligence of DMG Officers posted over there.

DMG group is an exclusive group that is very much lucid with some of the ideals I have in my mind due to its nature of versatility and multi dimensionality. The influentials of history which I used to study and apply in my life, never restricted their energy towards a single direction. For example

1. Prophet Mohammad, a successful businessman, Commander in Chief, Virtual Commissioner, Diplomat, orator, legislator, statesman, religious leader, social reformer, educationist, trainer of the trainers, teacher and a historian, a perfect and ever green symbol of the ultimate intellect and far sightedness, a charismatic leader, unparallel figure of human history in terms of influence, knowledge, leadership, efficiency , altruism and truth.

2. Imam Hussain remained a fierce warrior, an eloquent of speech and words, Commander in chief of his army, a religious leader, a nullifier of consequentalism theory, an explanation of the word submission and truth.

Is the ideology which had been built with the passage of time in me. A next auxiliary step was to interpolate or extrapolate their lives into one’s own life. This can, of course be done by bringing change in several dimensions of the society. DMG provides an ideal platform to experiment such an application by influencing virtually every sector. An officer can take steps in

1. The education department to instigate efficient policies.
2. Law and order situation can be handled at its best
3. Medical facilities to the residents can be made enhanced.
4. Development work in his jurisdiction area can be influenced positively.
5. Matter related to revenue generation can be encouraged.
6. Influence local media to divert a specific mind set of the public towards a constructive philosophy.

Not with standing with the scope of the prevalent primacy for Police or Foreign Service and more than ever, not of any intentions to disturb its aspirants. When a DMG officer feels that every officer of the relevant department in his district is answerable to him, this makes him powerful enough to put his energy in action.

A prominent issue that demands analysis is to consider the way how these officers interact with public. It is sad to declare that today an officer is called as professional when he finds himself capable to deceit confidently, commit hypocrisy and use double entendre words to mislead the general public to achieve his more authoritative influence. The consequences of such practices can appear lackadaisical at initial stages but expose latter to extreme vulnerability to sudden chaos’s and mutiny. Though transparency brings accountability and criticism but has long lasting positive effects in terms of every factor that can be thought off. I have numerous examples from history to support it, but now let me make my point explain through an example….a comparative study of the influentials of history and bureaucrats of the day.

One of my cousins, who remained active in student politics, informed me about the sharpness of CSP Officers by telling a story.
In District Nowshehra, a riot had been broken by the public against an SHO of a local police station due to the Incompliance of the then Executive mayor to their demand to suspend the narrated Police official. The havoc was disturbing. DCO of the district was informed by the executive authority with a request to handle the situation. It is said that the DCO arrived on the spot and asked about the problem. The crowd presented their demands, listening to which the officer announced the dismissal of the SHO on the spot using the words,

“I announce that I have suspended the SHO immediately, hereby ready to comply to any of the demand you present me on this day.”

The people instantaneously became calm and some of them even raised slogans in favor of DCO. But after words, he added, neither the SHO is suspended, nor have their demands been fulfilled.

This is type of deceit and myopic approach which is termed as professional elegance in bureaucratic language can’t be justified any ways. Agreed that not all demands of public could be accepted as they tend to have more emotional perplexity and inconsistency, but why to apply delaying tactics everywhere, considering it to be the sole mode of solving problems? Why to give someone false hope that cannot be fulfilled or treat the public as a virtual fool? This feeling of being used and fooled intensifies with the passage of time in public, which evolutes to a sudden massive revolt s and insurgencies which results to nothing but lost to the state. I am sure that there exists ad day at which every of such a professional elegant would realize that truth is better than hypocrite diplomacy and that It was just their perception that hiding facts would calm the situation down, not realizing that that would make us to ignore the situation so much that would compel the time to take a revenge on behalf of several hundreds of their victims.

I have lot of words to say, but I am short of time literally.

Jibran Khan Durrani
greenhorn (Saturday, March 19, 2011), Sikander-007 (Saturday, March 19, 2011)