View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 03, 2011

Fortune will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Hello,

Considering CSS is a competitive exam I believe If one wants to achieve some good score he should get rid of the "competitive" somehow out of the exam. What I am thinking about might sound very odd to some people but I don't know If it will even work or not. Sounds very stupid to me too but I just thought I should share it

Since it's a competitive exam, consider 10 users attempting a very common optional subject taken by aspirants i.e Indo-Pak History or Journalism/sociology etc. Now, If 10 papers are compared and good marks are to be awarded, your material must be different and unique from others which is very difficult to achieve considering the nature of the subjects as most things and thoughts are common

Now, to eliminate this problem, Why not pick subjects that are RARELY chosen by aspirants? Suppose "X" is a subject which is the most less selected optional subject, If you pick that, you might score better comparatively than a subject which is taken by the masses and most of your ideas are not unique. In a subject which is chosen less, even If your material is not very good or extra ordinary, you can score better comparatively.

I don't know how to say it but I guess people will understand what im trying to say. This approach, however has its drawback. The checkers will have less papers to check which means they will read each and every word you have written while on other hand when there are A LOT of papers to check, im sure they are not very careful in checking (After all this is pakistan) and the checkers just want to complete their job ASAP lol.

Please comment - feel free to bash me up If you find this idea stupid, because I myself do but lol sometimes i think it's a good Idea. Dunno, confused
Dear member! You have got this idea too late.This is generally believed that FPSC checks proportion of a subject opted for by candidates in a given year. If it exceeds to a prescribed ratio, checkers are asked to consider that paper for strict marking. Consider examples of Indo-Pak History 2009, 2010, Islamic History in 2010, Journalism in 2010, and History of USA in 2010. Candidates obtained exceptionally high marks in History of Islam in 2009 and when candidates turned their minds minds to it, FPSC's policy punished them brutally in 2010. Again History of USA was an ever green subject till 2010, but after fall of History of Islam, candidates turned their mind to opt for the History of USA which led to disastrous paper setting in 2011. Journalism is also a case in point. Hope you understand now.