View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 07, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

one can criticize the use (or illegal use) of money that we put into the defence sector but

to criticize(as done by a lot of critics) the increase in defence budget on the basis of comparison between education sector and defence sector and etc basis is not understandable to me.

i think the critics in increase in the defence budget are overlooking the defence budget of our neighbouring ountries e.g china,india,russia,iran,north and south korea and yes an unstable afghanistan border with american forces.already what we allocate to defence is not sufficient.(not to forget that we are fighting a war)

yesterday on t.v some official on a news channel(may be the railway minister himself) was telling that indian "RAILWAY" department has requested 12 billion dollars from their govt and we here are of the view that our "DEFENCE" department is not entitled to even half of what our enemy(competitor etc whatever you like) is demanding for its railway.

yes i know very well that we are passing through difficult times but if govt. can allocate money to defence then we should not be having any objection on it.

lastly i am of the view that these are not the arms or sophisticated weapon systems that gurantees the freedom and progress of a nation rather it is the pen and paper that we should rely on for the aforementioned objectives.but that does not mean to start speaking against the raise in the budget of defence.

and this is a sort of phobia that whenever there is some increase in budget of defence, people(i have watched it o lot on news channels) always come up with the comparison between education sector and defence.even if we want to allocate the budget of some other sector to education than it should better be from developmebt sector etc.afterall educating people is the real development