View Single Post
Old Friday, April 08, 2011
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

a beggar can never be bankrupt

فقیر کا دیوالیہ کیا ؟

a beggar dances before a thief

ننگا کھڑا جاڑ میں ہے کوئی لے کپڑے اُتار ۔

a bellyful,s a bellyful whether it be meat or drink

پیٹ بَھرنے سے مَطلب ہے چکنی چُپڑی ہو تو کیا رُوکھی سُوکھی ہو تو کیا ۔

a big head and little colt

بڑا سر تھوڑی عقل ۔

a bird in hand is worth than two in bush

نو نقد نہ تیرہ ادھار ۔

a bird in hand is worth two in the bushes

نو نقد تیرہ اُدھار ۔ لمبے ادھار سے کم منافع بہتر ہے ۔

a bit in the morning is better than nothing all day

صبح کا ناشتہ سارا دن کچھ نہ کھانے سے بہتر ہے ۔

a bit of wood moved by strings in some one else,s hand

دُوسرے کے ہاتھ کی کٹھ پُتلی ۔

a bitter jest is the poison of friendship

لڑائی کی جڑ ہَنسی ۔
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Aysha Akhter (Tuesday, June 17, 2014), fiza mehar (Sunday, April 17, 2011), mmawaqar (Monday, December 28, 2015), Muhammad iqbal Serwar (Friday, April 15, 2011), pisceankhan (Monday, November 14, 2016), Shafique Malik (Friday, April 08, 2011), syeda naqvi (Wednesday, April 27, 2011), SYEDA SABAHAT (Saturday, April 09, 2011), Taimoor Gondal (Friday, April 08, 2011), The Dark Knight (Monday, April 11, 2011)