View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 17, 2011

FarazAli is on a distinguished road

Raz bhai-thank u very much for ur invaluable comments and advice. But the reason why i opted this essay is that i thought it a general and an unambiguous essay and this is the point where v differ. I thought it a general one because in Pakistan who is a literary figure? who can lay down such quotations for his country? Who can make time from terrorism and corruption to provide the quotation? In the essay I felt some sort of frustration and hopelessness on the part of the examiner that is why he said reason does not apply to anything in this country. Having considered the essay a general one, then a question arose in my mind why reason does not apply in this country.Thus this question necessitated the causes (lack of accountability,education etc). Other parts(effects,solutions and conclusion)of my essay automatically emanated from the causes.

As regards balancing of the essay,u said that I concentrated on American intervention and political issues and thus imbalanced the essay. It is not that. I took lack of accountability and education as causes more important than the other causes and thus focused on these two causes more than the other causes(You may ve noticed that I devoted more than one paragraph on each of these two causes). In my opinion I have balanced the essay.

Moreover, Raz bhai I think we differ on this question: Whether the essay is literary or general one. If this essay was literary then ur direction on the essay would be desirable; If this essay was general one, then direction of mine is right. It is to be decided yet!

Further Raz bhai u suggested terrorism, extremism, international prejudiced moves as arguments for the essay and the same I have discussed in the essay but from other point of view.

Lastly Raz bhai u said the essay has multiple meanings. I think if an essay has multiple meanings, then one can select anyone of these meanings and justify it.

Raz bhai my above arguments are not in defiance of ur suggestions; rather these are points which I emphasized in the paper. So I hope u ll not mind and expect further suggestions and corrections from u.

I also expect output from all members on whether my above point of view is right.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Raz bhai reply.

I also want to ask you Raz bhai- can i secure just passing marks on this essay?

Last edited by Umer; Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: chain posts