View Single Post
Old Monday, April 25, 2011

FarazAli is on a distinguished road

@Soloflyer-Your answer seems to be in right direction and matches to the great extent with that of mine.
Quote:
first you have to differentiate b/w formal and informal education.

formal education is the normal school teaching that allows you to learn physics,chemistry and social sciences.
informal education on the other hand tells you how to live your life . like when you are on the road you must abide by the traffic rules. population control , farming techniques etc are other areas.
Yes I also first of all differentiated bw formal and informal education. But then i discussed how mass media plays informal educational role in different fields. For example its role to educate people who are interested in auto,science,commerce etc industry.Further I discussed its role to educate even illiterate people;The illiterate cannot read but they can listen,see and understand.Thus they get educated.Finally I gave at least 5 examples to justify how the mass media plays informal educational role. Some of these examples were:
1.How media educates peoples on govt's decisions.
2.Media's role to educate people in Raymond Davis case.
3.Media's role when NATO's helicopters entered into Pakistani soil and bombarded there.

Further comments are welcomed.