Thread: Journalism 2011
View Single Post
Old Monday, April 25, 2011

FarazAli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By keeping in view the paper pattern of 2011, it seems that old tools and tricks may not work any more. I had three books but nothing was bookish in the paper. Just try to comprehend journalism as a field and keep yourself in touch with media. Interpret questions and wrote answers from journalistic point of view.
Yes Ali Ahmed Syed you are right,the general questions were outside all books.But I could not understand your following sentences!
Quote:
Just try to comprehend journalism as a field
No doubt it is a field.
Quote:
Interpret questions and wrote answers from journalistic point of view.
How questions can be answered from journalistic point of view?
Please elaborate.

Quote:
Books are like roots;you can't grow and strengthen yourself without them.Though most of the questions were general in paper yet there were questions like;

"Maulana Zafar Ali Khan's 'Zamindar' introduced many new trends in Urdu journalism".explain in detail.

What you will write if you would not have knowledge about "Zamindar"?

Describe the major types of editorial perform for its readers?What function does an editorial perform for its readers?

Again without book,you can't describe it well.

So Faraz paper was blend of both type of questions;general as well as specific.You need basic knowledge which can't be gotten without book.
Farah I also said in my original post that the question paper comprised of 50% theoretical and 50% general questions. So no doubt theoretical questions cannot be attempted without reading books.

But issue is that how should we make preparation for the general questions?For this issue you suggested that one should keep in touch with media.It is useful advice but to prepare for CSS,one needs a framework and scope under which one has to limit oneself during exam days.Scope of our study would be open-ended if we start keeping ourselves in touch with media.

In nutshell i want to say that there must be some sources from where we can prepare ourselves.

Last edited by Predator; Monday, July 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM.