View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
You have already named several literary revolutionaries. Arent they enough to bring forth a mental revolution? But the problem is darling, we dont read even these so it doesnt provide any impetus or encouragement for any more to come out of closet. How many of us have tried reading Iqbal or Faiz, let alone understand it? Whatever these poets or philosophers have said a 100 or 200 years ago still rings true today because basic human nature and response remains unchanged. We need to ensure that our kids read these philosophers at school early on to induce their spirit.
yeah u are right. we don't bother reading these poets. in fact i got this thinking when i was reading about the "ADABI TEHREEKEIN" when people specially youth was motivated to listen to the poets and authors live at some JALSA etc. now with the passage of time we are let alone with the books with an option to read them ore put them in our closets and whenever we need, to boost off the COLLECTION we have.
@SADIA
you rightly said that most of us don't even know about the philosophy of many of our leading poets and writers. i wonder when youngsters say that "HMAIN TOU IQBAL SAMAJH E NAI ATTA" i want to ask whether anyone has ever bothered to open the books of such writers? only literature students read them and perhaps... just for the sake of passing the exams...