View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 05, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold
Default Osama Trauma:Few questions

Abbottabad operation has traumatized the whole nation but we are seeking refuge in conspiracy theories for self satisfaction.what i have learnt , the generla perception of the people is that

1-The said operation was just a drama on the part of ameircans to boost their morale , find justification for withdrawl of troops from Afghanistan and add a great achievement on credit side of democrates in upcoming presidential elections. I assume that all the speculations are true( Though We have to believe then that Republicans are fools who are staying silent on this: besides the whole word being also fool)

2-Our leadership especially the political leadership is disloyal to national interests.

Does these two facts trivilize the damage that this event has caused to our national integrity , repute and soverignty?Simply noooo....

We are never ready to confront harsh realities, we believe what we want to belive and any thing against this is not accpetable rather not tollerable.We believe on conspiracies theories.We believe that whole worls especailly west intends to destroy us ,hence , we find no reason to find fault with in ourselves.

I solict opinion of learned members on the following questions that stucked my mind in the wake of this incidence.

1-Undoubtedly our political leadership cant be absolved on surrendring soverignty to USA.But it is also reality that matters relating to national security exclusively falls under the domain of military and politicions have little say over it.Political leadership cant take any decision on its own.Besides , our role in current military compaign of USA was initially decided by a military leader whereby we surrundered our soverignty on many issues.I belive if such decsions are atken in parliament howsoever incompetent are full of uneducated members, it would have been respected by the world and we would have a moral strength to settle reasonable terms with USA.

2-We are feeding a major chunk of our resources to military.Their residence, hospital, educational institutions etc is just superb and doesnt seem to be the part of this poor country.Their budget and accounts are byond the scope of audit.But has our army has been successful in discharging its prime responsibility?It must be looked in to.

3-Should we think to curtail our defence budget.For national security we should enter in to regional alliances , spend the money of economy, education etc?In the current era no one can dare to enter in to armed conflict with an economically strong nation.

4-Again, national security is prime responsibilty of our military.Have they not failed to take notice of this incidence?If they are failed , should they not be held responsible for this?

5-I also belive that a petition must be filed in Supreme Court where all the concerned military and political leadership be summoned to answer as to how a an opeartion was conducted by forces of thirld country with in the vicinity of Military acadamy? Who is responsible for the reputational damage worldover?How they can assure that this nation is secure from any forign invasion ?

These issues may sound harsh but it is the time we should come out of state of denial, confront the harsh realities, respect the conflicting opinions in order to find truth otherwise our future is written on the wall.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
Muhammad T S Awan (Friday, May 06, 2011)