View Single Post
Old Monday, May 16, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 176Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

rose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the roughrose_pak is a jewel in the rough
Smile

@French: yes this is reality that Pakistan has been and is countinue to be a playground for secular and religious parites backed by Islamist on the one hand and westerns on the other. Our so called bretheren counrties, indeed, played a greater role in our destabilization. in the aftermath of 1979, Iran revolution, Tehrik-i-Nifaz-i-Fiqa-e-Jafria became active in Pakistan, to counter this Saudis Backed Sipah-e-Sahaba and brought in madressah culture, resultantly militancy and sectarianism.

However, Shootingstar is right, the religion is not negative or positive by itself. it is its usage by us. unfortunately we, in pakistan, have always used religion to harness our own political and individual gains.

@ Usam, very right: Juda ho deen siasat se to reh jati hy changezi: However reading Iqbal's "the reconstruction of religious thought" reveals that how he visionized the role and character of MNAs. the character he says for the legislatures is not less then Khulafa-e-Rashidin. Do you think this type of pople are sitting, with exception to some, in the parliament.

@ French:
Islamic does support democracy but its democaracy is entirely different than the western one. for islamic democracy you don't need to overhaul the system. you need to provide the sovereignty belongs to Allah and nothing would be done against islam in the state; that's it. Moreover, Sadia is right, the quoted verse proves politics in Islam. You should know that Hazrat Abu Bakar was elected by Majlis-i-Khas. Hazrat Usam was elected by common people; yes common people. there were two tiers of majalis-i-shura; Khas and Aam. after getting equal votes in both of the shuras, Hazrat Usman had to contest the election. the election was held on one man one vote procedure. For details see Human Rights in Islam by Dr Tahir ul Qadri So So Islam does have a political and dmocratic system.

@ Sadia and Frech: very good point of election or selection: Dears both are workable in case of pakistan. selction can be seen in the way election commission secrutinise the candidates documents and then election by the people. noting to squable in it. I don't think limited frenchise is a good idea, although it is workable.

The religion has always been used to score personal gains. initially, it was the period of anti-Ahmdi movement in 1953 which strated the role of religion in Pakistan politics, albiet objective resolution was passed already but i see Obj Resolution very productive if used and read in unbiased way.

Ayub used the religion to get support of religious parties and supress the leadership of Madam Fitima Jinnah.

Bhutto also initiated a policy of islamic socialization only after, when he saw the success nowhere without religious parties' support.

Zia period is not to mention about islamization. Majority of the critiques are of the view that today's militancy is the product of his policies.

Musharraf also used religion for political numbering and scores.

we, in pakistan, have never tried to use the productive side of the religion. Just see article 62, 63 of the consititution, which are related to MNA's candidature, have been incorporated in the consititution for never-to-be-used purpose.

Although religion is a unified force that bound together the masses which consequently bring solidarity among them, according to Ibn-e-Khaldoon. However this has not been the case in Pakistan due to illiteracy of the masses, personal lust for power by the dictators as well as civilian political leaders, shia - sunni tussle widely generated by islamic countries -- iran, saudi, libya etc, and, accept it or not, absence of support for pure sharia system in Pakistan by its masses.

Keeping in view the desecretion of religion in Pakistan, I am convinced, though sadly, that the religion should be separated from politics. there is no way to keep the name in the politics if we are not implementing it. as a practice we have only been using it selectively.

However that does not meant to end federal shariat court, shariat benches, islamic ideological council etc. the need is to streamline these institutions with the current age throgh research and ijtehad. the recomendations of IIC should be considered by the parliament - none of the recomendation has been taken up in the parliament in last 7 years according to chairman IIC. All religio-political parties and sectarian groups who are getting foreign aid and promoting disharmoney and sectarianism alongwith other countiry's agenda should be banned. we need to focus on inclusive islamic appraoch though sufism as envisioned by Sunni Itehad Council.

I am thankful to all of you for such a enthusiastic participation. keep it up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose_pak For This Useful Post:
french (Friday, May 20, 2011), Shooting Star (Monday, May 16, 2011)