View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thanked 1,074 Times in 471 Posts
Ali Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to beholdAli Ahmad Syed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
For approval of resolution,we need parliament's support.If it gets approved,it would be a revolution.mager mamolay shehbaaz se takranay ki jurrat b tou rakhtay hon na..

Resolution can be a revolution
Most needed and highly desired is courage and the second is political will, then certainly a revolution.

Quote:
Do you think Ali,we will really survive by rejecting foreign aid?Have we any resources for substitute?
Most certainly. Substitute is resource management and good governance. I have worked on some foreign funded/aided projects, most of the aid money spent on luxuries. US is giving us most of the aid through the INGOs i.e. USAID, Oxfam, Save the Children, CAII etc. The system is, their must be an office setup in US to monitor an aided project. In second tear, a country office in Pakistan mostly of US officials with huge packages in millions besides office setup, capital, training, maintenance and operations costs. That country office setup then provide aid to local NGOs i.e. RSPs or else. That RSP or NGO setup a separate office, employees, capital costs etc. etc. and finally nothing contributed in the nation's interest.

Most important:
Ay Tair-e-Lahoti us rizk say moat achi..!
Jis rizk say aati ho parwaz main kotahi..!

Quote:
Can youth play any role in it?If yes then what and how?
Yes, youth can play an important role indeed. Second part is very difficult to answer. I simply say:
Khirad ko ghulami say aazad kar
Jawanon ko peeron ka ustad kar

Jigar say wohi teer phir par kar
Tamanna ko seenon main bedar kar

Jawanon ko sozi jigar bakhsh de
Mera ishq meri nazar bakhsh de

Pila de mujhe woh may pardah soz
Keh aati nahin fasl-e-gul roz roz

Woh may jis say roshan hai zameer-i-hayaat
Woh may jis say hai mastee-e-kainaat

candidguy (Tuesday, May 17, 2011), Farrah Zafar (Tuesday, May 17, 2011)