View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 19, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofSomewhere View Post
I recently got selected for an MBA in lums.. I have also given CSS-2011..
The ideal situation for me would be to complete my mba and then join CSS(if i get selected)
However if i really have to choose, my priority would be CSS over LUMS mba. Thats why even though i hvnt yet cleared the CSS but i m willing to leave my mba if my css is in any jeopardy..

Now the thing is if i start going to LUMS, and (hopefully) if i also get called for the CSS interview.. i may not be able to take my days off for interview, psychological test, medical test etc during my studies..?? can that be a major problem for me?? if anybody has any insightful comments to share??

More importantly.. if i do get selected for CSS, then i think my joining will be around Jan of 2013, when my last semester of LUMS will start.. can i get some official delay for joining CSS if i m in the course of completing my Master's degree?????Please help..
I agree that U can never be certain about CSS..I also faced the same dilemma as u are facing right now..But u shud remember that a regular career ud be ur first priority,because CSS is highly unpredictable..I took CSS-2010 exams in March 2010,and in September,I came to UK to do MSc in Islamic Finance from Durham University..Alhamdulilah I passed my written and had to rush back to Pakistan in February for a few days for viva,psychological and medical tests..So u can manage interview and psychological etc with ur studies..And if u get allocated in CSS,u can delay thejoining up till next year I guess..For example if u can't join 40th Common,U can join the 41st common..I have heard there is a rule like this..U should go ahead with ur MBA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
KingofSomewhere (Friday, May 20, 2011), Ms Emyra (Thursday, May 19, 2011)