View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 26, 2011
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigious View Post
aoa dear so nicee to see in ur profile that u gikian....mmmmm
ur batch# plz, and r u a member of giki alumni? also when u visited giki last time(coz i met a ex-gikian in 20098 or 2009 in giki , who was also a member of giki alumni and did his M.BA etc frm London School of business etc....but forgot his face & name, and may be that was u or u may knew him)?also ur choice and selection is quite unique, i mean B.S and M.S in Engineering then Masters in Public Management & Governance? Can u explain plz...
Waiting fr ur detail reply our respected big bro...

I m frm batch16...did 3 yr 2006-09 engineering then leave coz of some imp reasons.... but those 3 yrs were d best time of my life....
Dear,
I graduated from GIKI in 2006 as part of Batch 12, FCSE. I think, I better not comment on why I ditched my engineering profession in favour of the line I have adopted, as it is well into history now . However, the decision to opt for a post-graduated degree in Public Policy was a conscious one.

I had made up my mind for Civil Services and had commenced preparation for the Competitive Exam in 2009, well before I received the study offer + commonwealth scholarship for MSc at London School of Economics. I was given a choice of the field I would like to undertake research in and at that point, I decided to go for a degree (Public Policy), which would help me in my aspired career of Civil Services.

It was a tough one, for I had to study for Masters and prepare for the CE simultaneously. But, I think I had underestimated the power of prayers so many of my well-wishers had associated with me. I consider myself blessed to have undertaken a valuable education from a respected institution and at the same time cleared the CE; both fitting well in the timeline.

What about you? Have you decided to opt for Civil Service too?
emran ali (Wednesday, May 09, 2012), Faisal Rana (Friday, May 27, 2011), mmkhan (Saturday, February 16, 2013), prestigious (Friday, May 27, 2011)