View Single Post
Old Friday, May 27, 2011
MARWAT
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,655 Times in 832 Posts
prestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud ofprestigious has much to be proud of
Default @Respected maliasghar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliasghar View Post
Dear,
I graduated from GIKI in 2006 as part of Batch 12, FCSE. I think, I better not comment on why I ditched my engineering profession in favour of the line I have adopted, as it is well into history now . However, the decision to opt for a post-graduated degree in Public Policy was a conscious one.

I had made up my mind for Civil Services and had commenced preparation for the Competitive Exam in 2009, well before I received the study offer + commonwealth scholarship for MSc at London School of Economics. I was given a choice of the field I would like to undertake research in and at that point, I decided to go for a degree (Public Policy), which would help me in my aspired career of Civil Services.

It was a tough one, for I had to study for Masters and prepare for the CE simultaneously. But, I think I had underestimated the power of prayers so many of my well-wishers had associated with me. I consider myself blessed to have undertaken a valuable education from a respected institution and at the same time cleared the CE; both fitting well in the timeline.

What about you? Have you decided to opt for Civil Service too?
thanx dear for ur detailed reply, It is evident frm ur worthy post, that ur doing Master in "Public Policy" and then becoming a CSP was not by chance but by ur own choice, and becoming a CSP was ur main motive and ambition.... thats gr8....

Respected bro. I left giki in 2009, then did 2 yrs combine degree frm UoSargodha, nd now doing my prep fr final year of Political Science exam(exam in july2011)...After leaving giki I made up my mind for css bcoz I m much better in arts and love this field and subjects frm d core of my heart...

Respected bro. wtever happen, happens for smthin better... I tried my level best in giki, utilized my all energies but was not fit with my CS field. After three consecutive probation, the giki authority responded either to leave or to get readmission as a fresh... so no option instead of leaving... and i was the only guy who left giki aftr staying for 3 years... But didn't lost my heart and now much more stronger and optimistic....U r frm batch12... hmmm niceee... means u graduated frm giki b4 our joining...but I still remember saad, hassan and Ibrahim , the pathan students of batch13, I hope u wud knew them... but u pride and role model for all of us especially for we gikian....love u and proud of you...
The Following User Says Thank You to prestigious For This Useful Post:
maliasghar (Friday, May 27, 2011)