View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 04, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Hayat View Post
@ Hamza.....once my friend told me a recipie of cake...when i made it ..it was fantabulus..i called her n said ...yar thanks alot..itna perfect bana hay...she said..."waqai? kamaal hay...is recipie sa kabhi mera cake to thek nahi bana )))))))))))........" .... so ap recipie bata dain.....as i dn knw about a single word of it uptil now.......then i'll Inshallah.bake it in my own way........
Recipe ye he Sociology ki..K horton and Hunt,Akram Chaudhry aur Shankar Rao ki books use krei..sociology ki syllabus line prh le or daikh le k kon konse topics kurne hain..coz in books u might many things that are surplus to ur requirements..
Do each topic from all the three books..then make its notes..These notes do not need to be in a detailed format..Just make notes in 'Bullet points',i.e write down important points,things to remember,names and theories if any in those bullet points.On the book,highlight the important things..and do not hesitate from writing on the book..Me ne tw appni tamam subjects kio books ko bht ganda kia ha un pe relevant cheezain likh likh k..coz everytime u open ur book to study,u do read those additional things that u have written on the book as well..
Revise from ur books and ur notes time and again.Sociology is a very general subject and it completely goes off your mind if not revised after every couple of weeks or so..Being a general subject it also means that u shouldn't only take the book as a source of knowledge..Lokk around youself..Obsrve the patterns of behaviour,our social norma and traditions etc,and try developing a perception about them..Remember that the sociology paper is more Pakistan-centric,so you should have a keen study about our social features and issues.Include your thoughts on these issues in your notes.Then try finding justification for these in the textbooks.Very often in Sociology paper,the questions asked are very general and u feel even if u hadn't prepared for it,u still would have passed the exam--true,but passing ain't everything.To get good marks,you should link the ting that has asked in the exam question to some sociological phenomena,and theory if possible..Because the examiner is expecting u to view everything with a sociologist's eye..So practice to see every social phenomena around u as a sociologist,and think in what topic or theory of sociology would a certain event or phenomena fit..
For social scientists,you would have to use somebody's notes because they are not generally given in any books..You will have to search for them..Mujhe tw merey sir ne notes diye thay un k..I had prepared just 4 scientists coz I never really wanted to do them..I left scientists and social research on choice..well scientists as I said I did some as a back up,but I never attempted them in the exam..
Revise sociology many times...I revised 12 times still ended up with 51 marksI don't know how..My paper was pretty decently attempted and I was expecting atleast 60+..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
Ahmed Faisal (Tuesday, March 13, 2012), Ana Hayat (Tuesday, June 07, 2011), Attia Farooq (Wednesday, October 10, 2012), Azch (Sunday, August 07, 2011), mahamkhan93 (Monday, November 07, 2011), Shooting Star (Tuesday, June 07, 2011)