Thread: Quotations.
View Single Post
Old Monday, June 06, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Future is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to all

Robert Green Ingersoll, lawyer and orator (1833-1899)

Wisdom from Abraham Lincoln: If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spent the first four sharpening the axe.

"Applied to indoor jobs, "sharpening your axe" may include things like setting up email filters, using text expansion, and installing productivity software. Furthering your education, eating right for better brain power, and otherwise sharpening your most important tool—your mind—also will help you work more efficiently"

“There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.”

Ella Wheeler Wilcox quotes (American poet and writer 1850-1919)

Absence diminishes commonplace passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and kindles fire.

The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing. But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.

Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more. [while admiring fish in an aquarium]
Franz Kafka, novelist (1883-1924)

Joy is a rare divine gift, sweet & tender like flowers, showered from the heaven to appreciate one's deeds.

Future is brilliant for those who learn from their past.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. MARK TWAIN

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Jane Austen, novelist

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blow up the bonfire.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write. William Makepeace Thackeray, novelist

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw