View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 14, 2011
39th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 236

H. R. Akhunzada will become famous soon enoughH. R. Akhunzada will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM View Post
In my opinion no one can doubt the credibility of BD. One should not cast aspersions about this great man.However there are many flaws and loopholes in the system of FPSC n in the conduction of CSS exam. It is very unpredictable and non-standardized exam n it seems more to be an exam of 'good fortune' than being factually an exam of talent and capability.e.g somebody gets 72 in Islamiat one year n fails next year in the same subject. Scores above 200 in viva n next time 170. What is this ????? It means 'there is a seasonal variation in the capabilities of such person'???????. On the other hand I believe the panel is fair n conscientious and such situation is out of their knowledge or control. a thorough revamping of this exam is required but unfortunately either they don't have the vision and courage to do so or owing to their age they have a demode mindset which resists any change.

I may not "doubt" BD saib and the panels fairness but i do without a doubt the competence of the panel in assessing the candidates. I got 193 in the viva but certain candidates how were very competent and i believe deserved a hell lot than the meager marks given varying from just 140 to 150. I'd say they made a feeble effort in their judgement. I know this for sure that the psychological evaluation is just a farce. Weightage given to the psychological is totally upto the panel, they may ignore it or instead just use it totally depending on their own discretion. I don't know about all my fellow candidates but for sure i'm not content in regard to their assessments.

Respect,
No intention to offend