Thread: Quotations.
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the roughNek Muhammad is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

Success is sweet: the sweeter if long delayed and attained through manifold struggles and defeats.

One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement. When someone encourages you, that person helps you over a threshold you might otherwise never have crossed on your own.

"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself."

A dream minus Action equals Fantasy. Dreams plus Action equals Reality.

The best way to predict the future is to create it..

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.

Success is the result of good judgment, good judgment is a result of of experience, experience is often the result of bad judgment

Rise and fall of a nation rests with every one of its citizens.

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.

For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?”

Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.

" If a drop of water falls in a lake, there is no identity. But if it falls on a leaf of lotus, it shines like a pearl. We need to choose the best place where we can shine."

“First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.”

“Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.” ~Dale Carnegie

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

"Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own." --- Chinese proverb

"The beginning is the most important part of the work. --- Plato

Peace only comes when reason rules.

Never Talk defeat. use words like hope, belief, faith, Victory.

Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.

Believe in what you are trying to achieve. Keep your thoughts positive even when faced with challenges. There is only one person who can make you do anything, and that person is yourself.

"I had no shoes and complained, until I met a man who had no feet."

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

“To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.”

Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Aristotle

There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.

‎"I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft."Bill Gates

Never forget the importance of history. To know nothing of what happened before you took your place on earth, is to remain a child for ever and ever

History is a race between education and catastrophe.
H. G. Wells

Beauty is the wisdom of women. Wisdom is the beauty of men.

If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words.

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.

"You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose."

"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands."
candidguy (Wednesday, June 15, 2011), madiha alvi (Thursday, October 17, 2013), Miss khoso (Thursday, June 16, 2011), tranquil (Wednesday, June 15, 2011), unsolved_Mystery (Wednesday, June 15, 2011)