View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 16, 2011

MuhammadAhmerSheikh is on a distinguished road

Interview was a piece of cake! but still I manage to blew it......

The Panel Consist of 2 persons who were taking the interview...
One was SEVP-Compliance and other one was SEVP-Finance.

Ok now what I am about to mentioned is just my experience and my knowledge and I can be wrong.

*General Questions regarding banking and your family background are being asked.
*around 100 candidates are shortlisted
*They told us that we will be informed by Monday about our result.(Not sure if they will or are conducting interviews in future date cuze i didn't ask.)
*6 months training will be provided and 2 1/2 year bond will be signed. In case you decide to quit the job.. you will be charged 100,000 Rs.
*they had my complete set of CV and Hard copy of written test & essay.
*They were prepared to assess us but unfortunately I wasn't in the right mind to be assessed.

*here's how I managed to blew it...
=>They ask me about what is the major function of banking which is afterwards they told me is lending.......obviously they wanted to hear this answer but I kept answering that Bank is an intermediate organization which receive cash from different investors who have it in excess and invest that money (based on its expert knowledge) in different institutions, Mutual funds unit, Money Market Security such as TFC, Sukkuk (in Islamic Funding case), Share market and generates profit and then distribute a portion of that profit to its investors who had invested....but they didn't wanted to hear this answer.
=>then they cross questioned in hope that i will answer it as per requirement they asked what is the major asset of bank...I said advances and what is major liability of bank...I said Deposits which is I believe correct but...still Phewwww....

Thats all folkss...I'll be visiting this thread till monday so If anyone has anything to ask then they can ask before monday...