View Single Post
Old Friday, June 17, 2011
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by god of war View Post
I posted this question in the ASI thread but I thought I would get a wider response if i make a thread of of this so here it is. I have a few questions and would request all in the know to advise accordingly.

These Questions are in connection to the ASI posts advertised by SPSC recently.

Q1: While I am interested to apply for these posts, I feel that I have an higher aptitude than what is required for this job. However, while discussing my options with a freind who is already an inspector in the Sindh Police advised me that I should apply and appear for the test. If i am selected and indeed have a good track record, i can apply to appear in departmental exams and upon clearance will be given the rank of Inspector. I will be able to do so after approximately 1 year of service as an ASI. Any truth in his claim? Does the department allow such upgrades on request of the employee and can an ASI request to be allowed to appear in such departmental exams within an year?

Q2: If the above scenario is not true, then how many years of service does it take for an ASI to reach to the level of full Inspector.

Q3: Can an ASI appear for CSS after a few yrs of service? If yes, what is the pre requisite minimum years of service?

Q4: How many months does the training of an ASI last? What are the tenants of the training?

Q5: What is the Salary and other perks if any? and typical duties associated with this post?

Q6: Are there any Employement Trainings that ASI can attend to enhance occupational prowess, name some of the trainings.

Q7: How long does it take before a fresh ASI one opt for Police Commando training, Anti Terror Training etc.

Q8: Upon successful graduation from the academy, are the ASIs appointed to different inter departments of the Sindh Police like CID, Special Branch etc, or the ASIs first join a regular police station?

last but not least when any one replies, please denote which question number you are answering, lets be meteiculous please. It makes it easier to read and comprehend.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

god of war
Simplest piece of advice would be to 'Apply' for it. You can always 'Decline' the offer which is made to you upon successful completion of recruitment process. You can even resign after/during training if you are NOT satisfied with the job or anything at all. Please do NOT put yourself in trouble before the time it has been set to fall. Everyone out there knows quite well how long and how rare spsc advertisements/recruitment processes take. Just fill up the form, pay the challan and consider giving Rs.500/- donation to government of Sind for her plan to improve efficiency.

ALL THE BEST !
god of war (Friday, June 17, 2011)