View Single Post
Old Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candidguy View Post
I like and at times defend Army for I don't see any other department worth appreciation.I also know they don't have an immaculate record;they are the best of the worst lot.If some one could prove that they were the perpetrators of rapes and things like that.I would damn them more than any one else.

If I quite a non-Pakistan source here, many will accuse me of being a Zionist/RAW/Martian/CIA lackey. So I'll cite an official Pakistani source that details the crimes of the 90,000 "brave soldiers" (soldiers fight to the death, they don't surrender) of 1971:

The Hamood-ur-Rahman Commission Report [1971]

The Report's findings accuse the Pakistani Army of carrying out senseless and wanton arson, killings in the countryside, killing of intellectuals and professionals and burying them in mass graves, killing of Bengali Officers and soldiers on the pretense of quelling their rebellion, killing East Pakistani civilian officers, businessmen and industrialists, raping a large number of East Pakistani women as a deliberate act of revenge, retaliation and torture, and deliberate killing of members of the Hindu minority.

The full report.

Soldiers take revenge. When someone in your unit dies, you feel as though your brother has been killed. And in a guerrilla war, you can't even see your enemies and your frustration mounts. So the soldiers take it out on the local population. The human rights abuses reports coming out of Swat in early 2010 were only confirmed later on by the leaking of the videos that the soldiers made with their mobile phones. Those soldiers thought that what they were doing was normal and not illegal.

Pakistanis are generally a naive and emotional people. Since childhood, their "Muslim heroes" are idealized (or idolized, if I might add) as perfect human beings so when these kids grow up, they have similar views about their army, their political parties, etc. They don't want to accept that there's any fault in their beloved. Their systems aren't trained to accept that people have faults.
candidguy (Sunday, June 19, 2011), mjkhan (Sunday, June 19, 2011), SADIA SHAFIQ (Monday, June 20, 2011), Saleeqa Batool (Sunday, June 19, 2011)