View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 22, 2011

sadia malik 2011 will become famous soon enough

Salam Respected members of the prestigious forum!! I have lately joined this forum.
My name is Sadia Malik. I am a graduate in Modern Languages from NUML. Now I have started to prepare myself for M.A English from NUML but this time as a private candidate. It will be very pleasant and helpful for me to interact if somebody on this forum is interested for the same degree. My plan to appear for the Masters exam is for April 2012.
Probably my case is a bit unique. I had to leave the regular M.A English from NUML in the middle of my third semester, 4 years ago. Either I was weak or the opposing winds were hard, Allah knows better. I was better than mediocre students. Now I want to take the M.A English exam as an external candidate in April 2012. I am not doing job.
My memory and concentration level has quite decreased after such a long gap. How can I take myself to the level of excellence, attain in-depth knowledge and secure valuable grades? I am finding it really hard to restart. Kindly guide me.

As an external candidate of M.A English ( Linguistics and Literature) from NUML, one is supposed to take the exam of 10 papers consisting of a vast syllabus. So I want to be fully prepared and pass it in one attempt without wasting more time and money. Its not possible to just cram a few important questions and pass ( as it is possible in some other universities). The passing criteria of NUML is quite high - 50% pass percentage. I appreciate their standards as it makes their degree valuable regarding knowledge and job seeking.
I have just taken out two books and started studying from today.

1. 'History of English Language' by Albert C. Baugh
( Paper of General and Historical Linguistics)

2. 'Twelfth Night' - a Shakespearian comedy.
( Paper of Drama)

O Lord ! Help me to study well. Give me tips respected members especially M.A English.

Last edited by Chauhdary12; Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following User Says Thank You to sadia malik 2011 For This Useful Post:
faaizaa (Monday, September 03, 2012)