View Single Post
Old Monday, June 27, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixwan View Post
see, to me that all what is happening in Arab is just conspiracy, nothing else, same thing has been trying by some forces in this country but still they donot succeed in it.

to me too it is an episode of a big game.but an interesting fact is that one of the factors that came to the aid of the arab uprising(in other words a conspiracy as is considered by you) was the suppression of massess.supression of their voices.in other words dictatorship.

Quote:
bhai one of the things which I donot like of Mr. Musharraf's era is freeing media in the name of "freedom of expression", now you will have to decide whether Musharraf's era was democratic or dictatorial...

and as you said they are the two sides of same coin than whats the point in discussing all this, anyway to me these are not in any way same to each other...
bhai one of the things that i seriously liked in musharaf's era was freeing media.it was a blessing because before musharaf this pillar of democracy(yes democracy)was very weak in our country.credit should be given where it is due.and i dont have to decide whether musharaf's era was democratic or dictorial because we dont need to discuss and confuse ourselves in respect of established facts.

the term freedom of expression as used by west and freedom of media are two different things and should not be confused.

yes both democrats and dictators are aces in corruption etc but why i jumped into discussion was because some of the members were giving dictatorship preference over democracy.so i thought it necssary to present the opposite view as well.democracy may not be my concern but i am not letting dictatorship take the show.lol

Quote:
First, to me this semi thing can never worked out in any field of life than how can it will be fruitful to run the whole country...

Second, democracy is the name of freedom and when you limit it in any manner, that started becoming dictatorship...

semi thing may not work but then neither dictatorship is going to.moreover only the name is revealed i.e"semi tecnochratic democacy" but the details are still in the bag.dont jump to conclusion too early my friend.lol

and when we are talking about governing sytems then there are more pols available to us instead of just north and south.if we are to bring some changes in democracy to mend it in a way suitable to our environment or even to come up with a whole new sytem of governance then it does not in any case means that it is tilting towards dictatorship.

yes the moment we attach conditions etc with democracy it siezes to be a pure democracy.moreover it seizes to qualify the very definition of democracy in such cases.but then i never said that we should replace democracy with democracy.of course if we are to come up with a new system then it is to be anything except democracy.

lastly i think i should get over with this introducing new system theoratical thing cause it wont get me me anywhere.

Quote:
than how media get freedom...?

although this is not the question at hand but still i am of the view that musharaf is responsible for this act.this was some of his good acts.but bhai jan if you are trying to justify dictatorship because of this act then you need to rethink because freeing the media cannot be a justification for dictatorship i.e a wrongful act

Last edited by Rixwan; Monday, June 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Merged