Thread: How to attempt?
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 11022

MaShWaNeE will become famous soon enoughMaShWaNeE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurous View Post
Aoa,
I have opted for Muslim Law for my CSS 2012. This is my maiden attempt and I dont have much knowledge in answering questions related to law. Can some senior help me in following:
- Do I need to quote PLD n stuff for every legal point I make? e.g Afadat vs State ;PLD 1982 FSc 52.
- Every Islamic Jurisprudence need to be referred to the jurist correctly or sometimes I may be quoted arbitrarily?
- Most of the references in DF Mullah are Indian/Pakistani. Isn't it better to first quote some well known Muslim jurist in explaining the Sunni/Shia case and later on write on pakistani courts interpretation of the same issue.

Thanks.

Brother you dont have to quote any case law.

Whatever you write, give your references from the basic sources (i.e Quran and Sunnah). After that you can quote different Islamic scholars like Abu Hanifa,Abu yusuf,Imam Muhamad,Imam Malik,Shafi,Hanbal,ibne Kathir and the likes. In some definintions you can quote Df Mulla (like the definition of a guardian or a ward or the definition of Dower etc).

Read the question thoroughly. Because students often get tricked by the technical law jargon resulting in loss of 20 marks.

Attempt questions in which there is room for your own comments and critical analysis.

I adopted the same strategy and got 66 marks Alhamdulilah.
adventurous (Wednesday, July 06, 2011), sarang ali shaikh (Saturday, August 11, 2012)