View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DEVOLUTION GEEK will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

@Mr.Faseeh (MQM)

Quote:
To me "commissioner's system" was designed by the "Britishers to Rule" a hostile population. In that system the commissioner was all-in-all for the area designated. The system is obsolete and try to alienate masses from the person who is supposed to be their servant. If any one/every one on this thread is cursing MQM for the removal of this system, he/they should note this.
That's what we call pure ignorance. Go and read the history of civil service of British India and the history of Indian Civil Service (ICS). Commissioner system that is now promulgated in Sindh and elsewhere is the not the one designed by Britishers. During the days of British government, DCs were given enormous judicial and municipal powers along with constitutional safeguards but now most of these powers are vested with Sesion judges and Mayors (According to LGS 1979). Also, commissioners are not all in all in their areas. Actually they are the servants of provincial government and work in close collaboration with City Mayors thus serving as a vital link between District and provincial governments.

Quote:
I would request the PM and President to remove commissioner system throughout Pakistan (if any where else it is functional), not just in Karachi. And for corruption, there is no holy cow in Pakistan, Let it be Nawaz Sharif, Zardari, Wali Khan or any one else incl. Altaf Sb.
Go and request your leader to solve the problems of people of Pakistan instead of poking their nose in the politics of Karachi.

If you are not satisfied with these arguments then i can give you my personal cell number to discuss everything in detail. I am an ex-provincial civil servant so i know these things in practice.

Last edited by DEVOLUTION GEEK; Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 04:03 PM.