View Single Post
Old Monday, July 25, 2011

Babakhan is on a distinguished road

TV channels are reporting that MQM has presented their demands regarding the Local Government & Commissionerate System.

1. They want drastic changes in Commissionerate System till coming elections and its complete abolishment after Next election.

2. Local body election before Senate Elections in March

3. A number of new positions at Tehsil and District level are suggested directly reporting to Nazims.This has done to clip the powers of District Management bureaucrats and giving those powers to Nazims.

It was expected from MQM, tendency in Killings has increased in Karachi and President saab has constituted a committee headed by Mr. Khursheed Shah (Religious Minister) to resolve issues with MQM.

I live in Karachi where MQM workers and ex. UC Nazims are clearly saying that these killings will not be stopped until restoration of Local body system with full powers.

Now the ball is in Mr. Zardari’s court, accept the demand and restore peace but if he thinks that these demands are useless and MQM is a terrorist party than forget about Reconciliation and next election alliances and launch a full fledged operations to marginalize these terrorist elements. Zardari saab has to rise above the selfish party motives and think about poor people being killed after every minute.

I live in Karachi and whenever I am on road there is an unknown fear of any mishap happening any time.