View Single Post
Old Friday, August 05, 2011

angelstar will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

1.kindly post the critical quotations that can be used in THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA assignments.

in novel there is 1 statement on which sometimes in paper u have to explain wordings
"a man can be died but not defeated"
there r also very important statements which after searching i will tell u tehreem.

2. does old man and the sea have a superstitious element?
yeah i think there is a paragraph in which oldman descripes that form last 84 days he was not able to catch any fish.but for some reason he is now hopeful or optimistic for his good time.read that perah u will definately got the points.

there r also some important questions on which u should concetrate like
1.the hand game b/w negro and the oldman
2.ending of novel most important when he got back without catching any fish
actually ironically oldman caught fish but sharks attacked and ate all the flesh of fish so ironically he caught fish but not.
at that time oldman's thought and expression r very important according to paper's point of u.
3.third point that yankees were inspirational for oldman why?
u should also give attention to this part.
[ my sincere advice to u is that u should buy past 10 papers of B.A english of punjab university on which there is separate section for this NOVEL.it is also available with solutions.
it will help u alot at least u got an idea that on which parts u should need to work more because on that there are very valuable data in regard to EXAMS.
best of luck